Most people can relate to the experience of trying to choose a doctor for treatment but do not have the foggiest idea of how to locate a good, fair reputable doctor. So where do you look? Most people would start at their primary care doctor and ask for a referral. If that fails, where to you look? Doctor review websites? Friends? Colleagues?
I think that picking a lawyer is even more difficult. Why? Because most people do not have a lawyer equivalent to a primary care doctor because most people do not have the frequent need to see a lawyer. Businesses are different, they may have a lawyer that they typically deal with that can refer them to a specialized attorney when the situation arises. At Schorr Law, our real estate lawyers do get a large number of referrals from other lawyers who have clients that need a qualified real estate attorney.
But, what if you do not have a go to lawyer who can refer you to a specialized attorney? Here are some things we think set us apart from other attorneys and more particularly other real estate attorneys:
1. Real Estate is Our Focus. Unlike other firms, we specifically focus on real estate disputes. By doing this we wind up litigating variations of the same case over and over again. Why is that useful? It is useful because it allows us to have a depth of knowledge and experience that other more generalist simply do not have. We also understand what works and what does not. In fact, many judges and even opposing counsel recognize our expertise and defer to us on real estate issues.
2. By Focusing Deep on Real Estate We Can Explore Obscure Areas of the Law. How many other real estate law firms have gone to trial and won on adverse possession? The answer – not many. Yet, we have dealt with adverse possession in three different matters over the last three years. We also frequently deal with other rather obscure areas of real estate law that are seldom seen by other practicing attorneys and other real estate attorneys. By allowing our practice to become more concentrated we are able to go to greater depths. Think of this like exploring the ocean. The law is very much like the ocean – vast, deep, expansive and certainly unable to be known completely by one person. If we, like other attorneys, claimed to be sea explorers we may become good generalists by knowing how to navigate the seas, but we likely would not be able to know any particular area with any increased expertise. In contrast, if we focused our exploration on a small area – like the a specific beach area – say Malibu Surfrider’s Beach, then we would be able to know that area much better then the average sea explorer by understanding the wildlife, effect of tides, wave lengths, erosion, etc.
3. We Customize Our Approach and Veer From the Norm. At Schorr Law, our real estate attorneys frequently substitute into cases and take over for counsel where their clients feel that their prior attorney is not meeting their real estate litigation needs. From the moment we substitute in, we look at each issue and determine whether it needs a new approach. We often times choose to abandon the approach taken by prior counsel and implement a new strategy. How to do we do this? We chart, we analyze, and most importantly we try to turn any negative into a positive. Of course, our clients are included in the process because our client’s are our biggest asset advancing their case.
A few other things to consider when selecting an attorney:
1. Reviews – look at large sampling of reviews – not one or two.
2. Ratings by third parties.
3. Media Recognition
4. Experience -ask about experience with your specific area
At Schorr Law, our real estate attorneys are committed to providing the highest level of service and work so that we can best position our client’s cases for success. For over a decade this has lead us to victory over and over again. Contact us for a free 30 minute consultation. 310-954-1877, email@example.com, www.schorr-law.com.