Los Angeles Commercial Leasing Dispute Attorney
As part of our real estate practice, our attorneys frequently handle commercial leasing disputes. Commercial leasing disputes vary in nature – they can be something as simple as a commercial unlawful detainer or something as complicated as enforcing an exclusivity provision in a commercial lease.
Over the past decade, our attorneys have experience representing both commercial landlords and commercial tenants. A few examples of our experience includes the following:
- We represented a large retail franchisor in helping it to negotiate the early termination of a lease on Main Street in Santa Monica, California;
- We represented a franchisee enforce an exclusivity provision in its commercial lease against a landlord who had allowed a competitor to occupy retail space adjacent to it in a large shopping center in Chatsworth, California;
- Mr. Schorr helped represent a publicly traded company in its efforts enforce a multimillion dollar purchase option contained in its commercial lease;
- We represented a commercial landlord obtain a large verdict at trial against a tenant who had abandoned a commercial lease in year 1 of a 10 year lease. We then collected on the judgment after the judgment debtor transferred all of his assets to his son. We obtained a judgment against the son and then set a sale of other property the son/father owned in order to pay off the judgment;
- We represented a large national retailer negotiate the settlement of a disputes involving the reassessment of property taxes during a long term lease;
- We represented a tenant at the Commons Calabassas resolve a dispute over a commercial guarantee of a lease;
- We represented a tenant in Culver City resolve a dispute over a commercial guarantee with its landlord;
- We represented a large goods manufacturer in a commercial leasing dispute with its former landlord concerning in a dispute concerning the boundaries of the leased premises and related subletting issues; and
- We have represented both landlord and tenants in disputes involving common area maintenance expenses.
The real estate attorneys’ have such broad experience representing both commercial landlords and tenants that our list of representative matters would span several pages if we listed then all.
Mr. Schorr has also been published and quoted on numerous national publications dealing with commercial leasing disputes. For a list of those publications, visit our other website at www.schorr-law.com.
If you have a commercial leasing dispute, we encourage you to contact us to set up a free 30 minute consultation. We are uniquely positioned to apply our extensive knowledge of commercial leasing disputes based on past and related experience to develop a plan to meet your specific needs. For more information, contact us at www.schorr-law.com, 310-954-1877.