Getting a judgment against a defendant is not always the end of the litigation story. Many times the defendant judgment debtor refuses to pay the judgment, files bankruptcy or simply avoids the collection issue all together. The law provides many remedies to enforce a judgment and use all legal and equitable to collect on a judgment. Our real Los Angeles based enforcement of judgment attorneys have experience enforcing judgments through many different methods. Moreover, Schorr Law’s attorneys utilize the real estate knowledge to enforce judgments.
Some of our recent enforcement of judgment successes include:
- Selling a judgment debtor’s house through a Court Ordered Sheriff’s sale to satisfy our client’s judgment;
- Obtaining a judgment for fraudulent transfer and then collecting on the underlying judgment while also recovering the attorneys’ fees for the fraudulent transfer claim;
- Levying on an airport hanger;
- Obtaining a judgment that the debt was non-dischargeable in a bankruptcy court proceeding initiated by a debtor seeking to avoid payment of a judgment;
- Obtaining a judgment in Canada to enforce a California judgment;
- Conducted numerous judgment debtor examinations to discovery judgment debtor’s assets and obtain turnover orders of personal property;
- Levying money in Bank Accounts;
- Putting a lien on an automobile;
- Getting our clients paid on numerous judgments where defendant claimed inability to pay.